Domestic Violence Victims
If you are a victim of domestic violence, you have the right to go to court and file a petition requesting a Protection from Abuse Order which could include the following:
- An Order restraining the abuser from further acts of abuse.
- An Order directing the abuser to leave your household.
- An Order preventing the abuser from entering your residence, school, business, or place of employment.
- An Order awarding you or the other parent temporary custody of, or temporary visitation with, your child or children.
- An Order directing the abuser to pay support to you and the minor children if the abuser has a legal obligation to do so
- An Order directing the abuser to refrain from stalking or harassing you or other designated persons.
For more information, contact the Domestic Abuse Project at 610.565.6272