District Attorney Mike Green Hosts Order of Merit Award Ceremony
- Singing of the National Anthem by the Upper Darby Choral group under the direction of Ms. Barbara Benglian.
- District Attorney Mike Green asks all to remain standing for invocation.
- County Council Chairperson Jack Whelan offers remarks on behalf of the people of Delaware County.
- The Honorable Mayor of Upper Darby Township, Thomas N. Micozzie, reflects on the heroic actions of the Mercy Fitzgerald and Delco Paramedic Units and the Penn Medicine/HUP Trauma Center.
- The Mercy Fitzgerald Paramedic Unit receives their Heroic Actions Award.
- The Delaware County Memorial Hospital Paramedic Unit receives their Heroic Actions Award from Mayor Micozzie, District Attorney Green and Police Superintendent Chitwood.
- Mayor Micozzie and District Attorney Green present the Community Service Award to the Penn Medicine Trauma Center and Emergency Room Team.
- The Honorable Wendell N. Butler, Jr., Mayor of the City of Chester, reflects on the heroic actions of the Crozer EMS and Paramedic Unit and Crozer Regional Trauma Centers.
- Mayor Butler and District Attorney Green present awards for Heroic Actions to the Crozer Emergency Medical Service Unit and Officer Luis Rodriguez.
- Mayor Butler and District Attorney Green present the Community Service Award to the Crozer Regional Trauma Center.
- The Honorable Mario J. Civera, Jr., Councilman, speaks about Constable Skip Damiani.
- District Attorney Green presents the Order of Merit for Heroism to Constable Skip Damiani.
- Superintendent of Police, Michael J. Chitwood, speaks about Officer Ray Blohm.
- Chief of the Chester Housing Authority Police, Rodney M. O'Neill, recommends Officer Luis Rodriguez for the Order of Merit for Heroism.
- District Attorney Green presents the Order of Merit for Heroism to Officer Rodriguez.
- City of Chester Police Captain Anita Amaro presents award from the City of Chester to Officer Rodriguez.
- Ms. Alicia Vitarelli speaks about the public service of Mr. James Binns, Esquire.
- District Attorney Green presents the Order of Merit for Public Service to Mr. Binns.
- Mr. Binns addresses the audience.
- Pastor David Shaheen, Upper Darby Police Chaplain, offers benediction.
- Mayor Butler, Mayor Micozzie, District Attorney Green, Mr. Binns, Council Chairman Whalen, Superintendent Chitwood, Councilman Civera and State Representative Joseph Hackett.
On January 12, 2011, Delaware County District Attorney G. Michael Green hosted the District Attorney’s Order of Merit Award Ceremony at the Drexelbrook.
District Attorney Green and Delaware County Council Chairman John J. Whelan recognized the heroic actions of three members of law enforcement serving the Delaware County community by conferring upon each an Order of Merit award.
On April 23, 2008, Pennsylvania State Constable Carmen "Skip" Damiani was shot while attempting to serve a forcible eviction notice to a resident of the Parkview Court Apartments in Yeadon. The subject shot Damiani in the head with a loaded .25 caliber handgun. Delaware County Councilman Mario Civera introduced Mr. Damiani and recommended him for the Order of Merit.